Smart Cover-like folding cases overdone

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by iMule, Mar 31, 2012.

1. iMule macrumors 6502

Maybe it's just me, but I'm getting tired of seeing tri-fold/quad folding cover cases on nice looking folios. They're horrible for viewing on the lap, as they're usually a shallow angle or the hinge makes them flimsy.

Another case that seems to be imitated is the Marware CEO. When searching for cases, this seems to be every other case style that pops up (besides the tri-fold cover case).

iPad cases seem to all mimmick each other, and there's no originality. When it comes to the iPhone, I usually have a hard time choosing the case I want out of many, rather than trying to find just one that I actually want. It's been ever since the original iPad.

You find one that looks good, but the leather covers the bezel. Or it's unusable or too thick in book mode. Or it's got a large stylus holder on the back.

Maybe I'm too picky, or maybe I'm like a lot of other people.

2. erawsd macrumors 6502

The reason is, unlike an iPhone, people aren't just putting cases on an iPad to protect it. Things like sleep/wake, typing and viewing modes, and accessory pockets are important features to a lot of people. The result is that a lot of cases have a similar design since its difficult to incorporate all those features without adding significant bulk and weight.