Smart Cover + Macally Protective Case + Dock???

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by iamjose, Apr 26, 2012.

1. iamjose macrumors regular

Is there any kind of dock that works well with the smart cover and case? I have my iPad 3 protected with smart cover and the Macally protective case (plastic snap-in back), and the extra thickness that this adds to the iPad prevents the Apple dock connector from being able to make contact. I have to take off the case to charge it. Which cause a little frustration... Is there anything out there!

MacRumors Forum Members UNITE!!!

2. azentropy macrumors 68000

azentropy

Bump - Rather than start a new thread I have a similar question. I'm looking for a dock that supports the iPad 2/3 while still in a TPU case.

3. Bleh5 macrumors regular

Not JUST a dock, but this is what I use on my nightstand for iPhone and iPad.

The back connector can be rotated by a few degrees to accomodate thicker devices (i.e., iPad with a case). I have used it with a ZUM/iBlason + Smart Cover combo. It gets a bit tricky to align, especially with the curved portion of the iPad, but I like it, and was able to slip a piece of cardboard to keep the connector at the proper angle.

http://www.usa.philips.com/c/audio-system/aluminium-dual-dock-dc390_37/prd/en/

Attached Files: