Smart cover on/off too sensitive

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by jjk454ss, Jun 3, 2012.

1. jjk454ss macrumors 601

jjk454ss

OK, I'm sure I'm probably bringing up an old topic because this was talked about a lot when the new ipad was released. But, I just really started using my smart cover, and while carrying it around I am always hearing the "click" noise that the ipad makes when turning on/off. It only takes a little bit of movement by the smart cover to make my ipad turn on/off.

Is there a fix? The smart cover was purchased at the Apple store, not long after the new ipad was released, are new ones changed? Should I just use a different case? I like the smart cover, but this is annoying, plus it seems like turning the ipad on/off all the time for no reason is not the best for it.

2. Enlightenment1 macrumors regular

Turn the volume down so you don't hear the click ;)

3. jjk454ss thread starter macrumors 601

jjk454ss

Not quite the solution I was hoping for:).

4. Enlightenment1 macrumors regular

No, I don't suppose it was. Sorry about that :D

TBH, I think it's one of those issues that doesn't really have a fix. As soon as the smart cover moves ever so slightly away from the screen and then back again, it's going to click.

It would be great if there was a sensitive switch under Settings to sort this out.

Sorry, I'm no help!

5. Redjericho macrumors 6502a

Settings -> general -> sounds -> lock sounds -> off

6. jjk454ss thread starter macrumors 601

jjk454ss

Well, its not just the sound that bothers me, but thats it is turning on and off all the time.

And the smart cover doesn't have to lift up at all, just shift slightly on the iPad. Maybe it needs stronger magnets or something.

7. noteple macrumors 65816

8. jjk454ss thread starter macrumors 601

jjk454ss