iPad Pro Smart Cover Question

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Bulldog3777, Jan 2, 2016.

1. Bulldog3777 macrumors 6502

Is the Ipad Pro stable with the smart cover when standing the Pro in an upright position, like watching a movie on a plane?

2. seadragon Contributor

Yes, it is quite stable, as long as it's on a flat and level surface of course.

3. ZombiePete macrumors 68020

ZombiePete

It's great; I'm using it right now at Starbucks (with a Magic Keyboard) and it stays almost perfectly still, even when tapping it. My daughter is across from me playing Lego Star Wars on her own little iPad (haha...the Air is little to me now) and the shaking table isn't affecting me at all.

I have actually even used it on my legs while typing; it creates a pretty nice center of balance that makes it stay pretty still even when on a less-than-steady surface. I wouldn't count on it to remain steady if you start getting restless, but I think it makes a great stand.

4. Ghost31 macrumors 68000

Ghost31

Of coarse you are!

5. ZombiePete macrumors 68020

ZombiePete

Lol...well, my wife is working a dog adoption event (she helps run a local rescue) next door and so hanging out at Starbucks has become something of a tradition for my daughter and I. When I was going back to school it was a great place to get papers and research done, since there's free wifi and lots of caffeine. I don't generally come here much anymore since I graduated, but today we tagged along so we could all have lunch together.

6. Shark5150 macrumors 6502a

Shark5150

Tmi

7. MacUserUK macrumors member

MacUserUK

Yep, works fine and very stable.

I'd recommend a genuine cover, friend of mine has none genuine and it doesn't seem as stable as it feels a little thinner

8. Ghost31 macrumors 68000

Ghost31

Aw that sounds like fun man. I can't get on you about starbucks. My experience mirrors yours. Girlfriend out shopping at the shopping center while me and my 11 yr old daughter hang out at starbucks and play with our iPads. I wanna see if the starbucks wifi over here is fast enough to remote into my mac at home. My productivity level would shoot through the roof. Panera is a good place to hang out too
    In the digital age of oversharing, is it really that surprising that someone would...overshare? Come on man

I just had a large poop

9. Shark5150 macrumors 6502a

Shark5150

Nice

10. ZombiePete macrumors 68020

ZombiePete

Next time skip to the next post then.

11. ZombiePete macrumors 68020

ZombiePete

If it's a Starbucks with Google Wifi, it's plenty fast. I am sitting here connected to my VPN and I can remote into my desktops at home, stream video/music, and anything else without any issues.

12. Shark5150 macrumors 6502a

Shark5150

Will do. Thx for the instruction. Wtfc