Smart cover replacement ?

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Frank.avilla08, Jun 25, 2011.

1. Frank.avilla08, Jun 25, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2011

Frank.avilla08 macrumors member

So I've noticing my smart cover is beginning to wear out, can I go get a new one for free from apple, isn't stil under warranty or something ? I have the protection my plan

2. Aspasia macrumors 65816

Halfway between the Equator and North Pole
    I don't think ordinary wear and tear of any product is covered under any warranty, but you've got nothing to lose by taking the cover to an Apple store for examination. They might decide it's defective and give you a new one.

3. Frank.avilla08 thread starter macrumors member

I mean I don't like wore out it is, u would expect more from a $40 item.

4. info macrumors member

info

Tell Apple that, chances are they will give you one more.

5. Ronnoco macrumors 68030

Ronnoco

Much like the iPhone4 "bumpers" these colorful pieces of plastic barely cover the device and afford very little if any protection but look beautiful and retail for 400x's what it cost to make. They also begin to look tattered and dirty after about a month of normal use...needless to say, I bought two of them (Baby Blue and Orange)...:D

6. Frank.avilla08 thread starter macrumors member

I got the baby blue also, with the white iPad, and let me say it look beautiful, but once the smart cover started being put to use they start tonwear out..

7. juja macrumors newbie

iPad2 cases

The cover doesn't protect it AT ALL if you drop it! If it lands on its corner, it will shatter, and AppleCare DOESN'T cover it. Buy a $15 padded case WITH CARRYING HANDLES from AT&T's web site. ;)