Smart Cover smears

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by whyapplewhy, Apr 19, 2012.

1. whyapplewhy macrumors member

I just picked up my first ipad with a blue smart cover about a week ago. It looks great but it leaves 3 smear lines down the screen every time I close it. Does anyone else get this? The 3 smears come off with a cloth but it is annoying to have to wipe it off every time, especially when the point of a cover is to keep the screen clean. The smears are definitely noticeable even when the device is in use.

Is this normal or is there a solution to it? I know it not the biggest deal but I paid $40 for a pretty basic style cover so I expect it to do its job well. I am thinking about swinging by the apple store tomorrow and returning it and exploring different cases.

2. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

Yes it does that, why it does that I have no idea but certainly is annoying because supposedly it should help clean it.

3. newone757 macrumors 6502

It IS helping to clean it. Those 3 lines you see are from the creases in the cover where it bends, that's where the smart cover DOESNT touch the iPad so it stays dirty while the other parts are wiped clean the smart cover.

4. geoelectric macrumors 6502

geoelectric

I'd honestly just as soon it stayed evenly dirty than that.

I've had some luck either opening or closing the case by wiping it across the screen.

5. newone757 macrumors 6502

That's what I do when it gets bad, it either Cleans pretty well or evens it out

6. iamjose macrumors regular

Yeah... I would have to agree. It is very annoying... it happens with my black leather one too.

7. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

8. Viper2005 macrumors 6502

Viper2005

Read post number 3. :p

9. ReallyBigFeet macrumors 68030

ReallyBigFeet

Wash your hands every once in awhile. Wipe down the screen. Problem solved.

10. Menel macrumors 603

Menel

Never use a cloth to wipe a screen before? Ill hold the baby's hand.

Slide the cover off, instead of lifting it off, this uses the microfiber bottom to wipe the screen clean.