Smart Cover stains my screen protector?

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by NMF, Mar 12, 2012.

1. NMF macrumors 6502a

NMF

I tried looking for another thread regarding this issue but couldn't seem to find one that talked about the Smart Cover's affect on screen protectors rather than the screen itself. It is my understanding that you can wipe away the three vertical "lines" that are left behind by using a smart cover. However, you can not wipe these lines away on a screen protector. At least, not a Zagg InvisibleShield. I've had to replace my InvisibleShield 3 times over the past year due to permanent stains from my black leather Smart Cover.

My question is to people who don't use screen protectors: after a year of the iPad 2, are the vertical lines still able to be wiped away? If so then I won't even bother with a screen protector on the new iPad. It just now hit me that it's kind of silly to even use a screen protector with a Smart Cover anyway. However, if the stains are permanent, that's another story.

Anyone? I find it odd that this issue isn't discussed far more often.

2. soco macrumors 68030

soco

I never had an issue getting the lines off the screen. Actually, after reading a tip on LifeHacker, I started using the iPad Smart Cover itself to remove those lines. :p

3. Menel macrumors 603

Menel

PowerSupport HD Anti-Glare w/ Black Leather Smart Cover, no staining.

Get a quality screen protector this time around.

4. NMF thread starter macrumors 6502a

NMF

Yeah because everyone knows Zagg's InvisibleShields are pure junk. :rolleyes:

5. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

You clearly have no clue what products Zagg puts out.

6. Menel macrumors 603

Menel

I'm quite sure. I had a ZAGG on my old WinMo phone, was fantastic and protected it for the life of the phone.

Had a ZAGG LEATHERskin on my iPad 2, superb quality.

But if their screen protector is porous enough to absorb black residue from the smart cover, when my PowerSupport is not, then I would consider it inferior.