Smart cover that also fits on back and stays put

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by borgqueenx, Mar 9, 2012.

1. borgqueenx macrumors 65816

Thats something i want. A hard shell cover with its own smart cover or apple's.
    But one that also locks in tight on the back, and doesnt stick out so remains comfortable to hold with 2 hands...

Thanks! Its for the new ipad but if you know one for ipad2, also let me know.

2. socaltyger macrumors newbie

I've been researching quit a bit too. Looks like the one you want is the Feather case that works alongside the Apple smart cover.

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1336298

It is near perfect for what I'm looking for, except ironically, I prefer the ability to more easily detach the cover. When mounted in my car, I like being able to detach and use handheld if needed.

To keep the bulk down, I am leaning towards a skin instead of a case.

3. IXDoubleDXI macrumors regular

I just received 2 Khomo Dual Cases for the iPad 2. They seem like they'll work pretty good. Problem is, my iPads don't get delivered until next week, so i can't give you any info on fitment or functionality. There are a couple of threads on here about the case, that might help you more.

4. borgqueenx thread starter macrumors 65816

It shows nowwhere that this is what i am looking for - that it sticks to the back of the case.

5. ReallyBigFeet macrumors 68030

ReallyBigFeet

INcase Mag Snap Case. But not announced for iPad 3rd gen yet.

6. Darkodin14 macrumors member

http://www.marware.com/microshell-folio-case-for-the-new-ipad

I think this would do the trick but I don't know how well it will hold to the back.

I have been on a hunt since wed to find a case like that. One that will snap on to the back while in use. I've called several companies such as incipio and they said that it will hold but it's very weak.

7. borgqueenx, Mar 10, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2012

borgqueenx thread starter macrumors 65816

no i really need it to have a metal strip so the smart cover or the company's own cover snaps on good. and doesnt fall off its back. And again, i dont want the smart cover sticking out of the back of the ipad, resulting in my hands pushing the smart cover away(not comfortable hold)

EDIT: any alternative to the belkin snap shield secure and the mag snap case?

8. Darkodin14 macrumors member

That's exactly what im looking for. The only thing is, I dont want the smart cover to come detached from the back of the case. I dont want to buy a separate smart cover.

9. Darkodin14 macrumors member

Found the case both you and I want.
    http://www.thejoyfactory.com/product/csa103

"your fingers can take a break too…because the SmartSuit 3 magnetically holds the cover open for you."

10. borgqueenx thread starter macrumors 65816

Thanks for pointing out another one! But honestly 60 dollar mot including shipping is kinda expensive...and i already have a original apple smart cover.

11. TB07-NJ macrumors 68020

I have one of these scheduled for delivery today. Obviously I don't have the new iPad yet but I do have the iPad 2 to check it out. Frankly it looks IDENTICAL to the $20 Khomo iPad 2 case which concerns me (pricewise). I'm also wondering if these companies are going to rip people off by tripling prices just by saying it's for the new iPad when it is really the same case as the iPad 2 version.

12. Darkodin14 macrumors member

Yea, I actually cancelled my incipio order. Why?, Well because in two weeks, All of these cases are going to be 50% off on amazon and on ebay. So I figure, I have a pouch that will fit my ipad, so Ill just use that and be careful. :D

13. borgqueenx thread starter macrumors 65816

LOL i just tried to order it anyway for 60 dollar. but the shipping to me is 43 dollar. Plus then i get to pay 19% tax when it arrives plus 12,50 euro import standard price making it a about 140 dollar case.
    Never mind about that!

More alternatives please:eek: