Smart Cover that folds the other way

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by solaris7, Mar 19, 2012.

1. solaris7 macrumors regular

As much as I love the smart cover, I can't stand the dust that gets attached to the inside of the smart cover after use. Is there any cover out there that folds the other way, i.e. the outside is exposed when you fold it over.

2. number84 macrumors 6502

Can't you just roll it inside out? I think it just doesn't stand upright as sturdy but definitely still usable this way.

3. onthecouchagain macrumors 604

onthecouchagain

Yeah, this is one thing that's always bothered me about the Smart Covers. I would never set it fully back and flat if I saw the surface was really dirty.

4. sekazi macrumors 6502

I just fold the cover in half leather side out and use it to hold on too. It is much easier to hold something thicker imo. Plus laying on the table flat has a slight angle which is helpful.

As for stands you can fold it leather side out but the vertical stand is weak and will collapse if pushed too much. The typing stand works fine.

5. onthecouchagain macrumors 604

onthecouchagain

Good idea, but does this risk "pulling" the magnets off? I've heard stories where the magnets aren't strong enough to keep the iPad stuck on...?

6. sekazi macrumors 6502

The only time I have pulled them magnates off is by grabbing it by the cover. The iPad dropped to the table. When you fold the cover in half and fold it over to the back of the iPad you are holding both the cover and iPad so I doubt it will come off.

7. DeusInvictus7 macrumors 68020

Yeah I've also started rolling my smart cover backwards so the leather stays on the outside. If you want to put it in the "viewing" position, it doesn't seem to stay magnetized as well, but for the typing position it works quite well.