Smart Cover Wishlist (Color, Style, Features, Improvements etc) etc)

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by KittyKatta, Mar 26, 2011.

1. KittyKatta macrumors 6502a

KittyKatta

Im loving the smart covers but i really hope Apple isnt done improving them because id like to see them give us a bit more variety.

Color Choices - The initial set of colors all slift to be lifted straight from the over-the-top iMac "flavors" and that makes the iPad look more toy-like than some would want. Maybe a few darker hues for those of us who use the iPad in a professional environment because even the default gray is made a bit too bright and smudges easily.

Materials - Leather is nice, but how about bamboo or even aluminum? I know 3rd party can do it but I question the durability of the smart covers so having it 1st party helps down the road when these things start failing or cracking.

Stronger Magnets - The hinge magnet is good but it still falls off at times when I don't expect it. And. Also, id like magnets on the back of the iPad for when it's wrapped around so it doesn't just flop around there.

So, anyone else have anything on their Smart Cover wish list?

2. porcupine8 macrumors 6502a

The colors are atrocious. No simple black unless you're willing to pay a $30 premium?? That and the lack of back protection are the main two reasons I didn't buy one.

3. glen e macrumors 68030

Apple wont "improve" anything, it was a cute addition to the ipad2 project. They are on to more items you will buy in multiples for the next gen.

Keep going apple, it keeps my large load of apple stock soaring....