Smart Cover

Discussion in 'iPad' started by ahdickter, Jan 15, 2012.

1. ahdickter macrumors 6502

If I purchase a smart cover from apple, can I pull it all the way back so that it's flat with the back of the iPad but still connected on the side? Or will it come off? I like the ability to hold the iPad in one hand, but still able to prop it up on a table.

2. verwon macrumors 68030

verwon

3. Stealthipad macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

I purchased and liked the Apple cover when I first got my iPad 2 but wanted something to cover the back of the device when you set it down AND protect the screen. It will only do one or the other.

The portfolio case has become my favorite.

4. Mikey86uk macrumors 6502

Also, if you want something to protect the back of the iPad, i would recommend the ZUM case, which works great with the smart cover!

5. ahdickter thread starter macrumors 6502

I love the Moshi Muse sleeve, which is reasonably priced yet really great quality. Most of the time I held the iPad in my hand, and I just want something to keep it upright if I place it on a table.

6. LeeM macrumors 6502a

I'll second that. That's what I've got it's great

7. ineedamac macrumors 6502

I am using a smart cover combined with a speck cover for the back. They work well together and the speck cover protects the back.

8. saberahul macrumors 68040

Got the iPad 2's the first day they came out and have nothing but the smart cover on them. While I would certainly recommend having a back cover, in my experience, I see no reason to have them as none of the three have even one scratch or dent. My 2¢.

9. NameUndecided macrumors 6502a

Same. I got a back cover for mine but have barely at all used it. I've just about forgotten about having it around at most times. I just have a smart cover and I do use a suede sleeve from sfbags usually when I take the iPad out of the house.

10. jekyl macrumors 6502

jekyl

I have a Skinomi Shield on mine which protects the front and back. If I had the Smartcover and did not like the screen protection of the Skinomi I would get the kit anyway and only put on the body part. That would give the iPad the really sweet look of just having the Smartcover but still make the back virtually scratchproof.

11. Mikey86uk macrumors 6502

and it was you, who recommended it to me :D

12. LeeM macrumors 6502a

Oh really! Glad you like it!

13. ahdickter thread starter macrumors 6502

Whenever you fold the iPad back, are there magnets that keep it in place? Or does it just flop around?

14. Guru53 macrumors newbie

If it's behind the iPad and not in one of the stand configurations then it is just hanging off the iPad. It is slightly annoying but certainly not a big deal at all (and you can easily take it off or put it back on for extended sessions). I use mine with an iFrogz case that is just wonderful and feels very sturdy to protect the back.

15. Ryan5505 macrumors regular