Smart cover

Smithey1981

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 25, 2012
Right has anyone had apple replace one as mine is about 2 months old and is peeling at the edges disappointed ain't the word even more so as my iPad is only used at home and handled with great care

Menel

macrumors 603
Aug 4, 2011
It has a one year warranty.

I've had a black and a red, first on iPad2 and on iPad3 since launch. Neither peeled, nor fell apart within a year of extensive usage.

Discoloration or markings from use, sure. Peeling would definitely not be expected.

Smithey1981

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 25, 2012
Update!!!!

Well took it back and the assistant was a littled shocked and agreed it had to be faulty from the start so they exchanged it for a smart case free of charge :)

greentaloy

macrumors member
May 27, 2012
Too bad!This one mush be a PU leather kind case which is easy to get rip of for the bar quality,I never take these cases for you will suffer it very soon even you get a little bargain at first, yet 2-3 months later have to charge anther one...NEVER!!

Smithey1981

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 25, 2012
Too bad!This one mush be a PU leather kind case which is easy to get rip of for the bar quality,I never take these cases for you will suffer it very soon even you get a little bargain at first, yet 2-3 months later have to charge anther one...NEVER!!
This was a geniune apple product so expected more than two months which the assistant at apple store agreed it was faulty. That's why they replaced it with the smart case

glen e

macrumors 68030
Jun 19, 2010
Ft Lauderdale
This was a geniune apple product so expected more than two months which the assistant at apple store agreed it was faulty. That's why they replaced it with the smart case
They really want to get rid of those smart cases....I would've taken a smart cover all day long

Smithey1981

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 25, 2012
Tbh I'm happy with the smart case fits nice and snug not loose at all like I have read. The edges are a little sharp but seems to offer a decent level of protection too.