Smart covers?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by dontwalkhand, Mar 26, 2012.

1. dontwalkhand, Mar 26, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2012

dontwalkhand macrumors 601

dontwalkhand

Do any of you elect to use a smart cover with your iPad? I bought a knockoff black one from Amazon, and so far it's been good despite a small tear near the hinge. I suppose I better be a little more careful with it until I buy an official Apple one.

I also am using a clear back case for it, called a Smart Cover Companion to protect the back.

What kind of cases are you guys using for your iPad?

My video on the knockoff: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GHTeK67c9is&feature=youtube_gdata_player

2. richpjr macrumors 68030

richpjr

There is an entire sub-forum devoted to accessories and cases.

I am using an Incipio Feather with the Apple Smart Cover.

3. andyblila macrumors 65816

andyblila

Quit being cheap and buy the real smart cover.

4. thatoneguy82 macrumors 68000

thatoneguy82

This. Fake ones are cheap. And it's hit or miss if you get one that works 100% of the time with the lock/unlock feature.

5. andyblila macrumors 65816

andyblila

Tell me about it, you spend $800 for an iPad, but won't spring $40 for the smart cover?

6. Yr Blues macrumors 68020

At least look for the best deal on an authentic Apple Smart Cover. And be careful of the fake ones. There's a good video on YouTube comparing one with a real cover.

7. taedouni macrumors 65816

I bought a black leather smart cover from Apple. Don't go on a smart cover.

8. 28Gauge macrumors 6502

28Gauge

I bought the Apple red leather smart cover . So far, I like it.

9. Velin macrumors 65816

Velin

Apple leather smart cover is worth it. Most knockoffs are junk, esp when compared to the Apple version.

10. Eulinne macrumors newbie

I have 3 of apple's official smart covers. I have the tan leather one, a green one, and a pink one. I absolutely love them they work great and protect my screen from my cats. The colors are fun to. One thing to note though the second wave of the covers are better then the first runs. The first runs arent as soft as the second run ones. My green one is really plush and soft on the inside while my pink one has the not as soft gray inside and my leather one has a not as soft inside as well. You can tell which run it is by looking at the underside. On the polyurethane ones the inside will be the same color as the outside if it's second run. If its grey it's a first run. On the leather ones if the inside looks kinda smooth then you know it's a first run. I'm petty sure most of the Apple stores have the second run ones in stock and I even heard they will swap out a first run for a second run. But they are definitely worth their price. IMHO. I plan on buying the belkin snap secure for the back in pink when it becomes available in their site or amazon :)

11. Paradigmteacher macrumors newbie

The saying 'A cheap man pays twice' definitely applies here - so you bought the knock off to only buy the official Apple version at a later date...okay.