Smart folders?????

Discussion in 'iMac' started by AngelFir3, Jan 17, 2011.

1. AngelFir3 macrumors member

AngelFir3

does anyone know how to put a smart folder with a external hard drive?

i want to find everything on the external hard drive that "ISNT" a film but i have no idea on how to do it thank you for any help

i have looked on MRoogle and i found nothing

2. laserbeam273 macrumors 6502

I'm also trying to make a smart folder that searches an external drive (USB flash drive) but I don't see how that link helps, even looks like an older version of OSX.

Does anybody know how to make a smart folder that searches an external drive? I don't think apple has set this feature up very well, setting the search location is very awkward.

3. BikerAlley macrumors member

BikerAlley

Well no one else has chimed in here! so here is what I did..
    http://www.noodlesoft.com/hazel.php

Works well, as for me it is a must have, Just wish it was free.
    But it is cheap!!

4. laserbeam273 macrumors 6502

Yeah, thanks for the reply! Shame we have to resort to 3 party apps for stuff like this, it really should be properly incorporated into the OS. Don't think I'll get it as it was just a one-off, maybe I'll consider getting a program if I do it regularly.

I usually keep my files very neat and well-organised, this time though I was taking important files off a family member's PC before wiping it! Man PCs are messy. Such a hassle going through every folder to try find important info.

5. BikerAlley macrumors member

BikerAlley

Just use the Demo then, It is a full working version. Think it last about a week.