Smart Folders

Discussion in 'macOS' started by someone28624, Sep 3, 2009.

1. someone28624 macrumors 6502a

Is there a way to use Smart Folders to pull the contents of two or more other folders together? Almost like Microsoft's new "libraries." I can't find an option for "folder is...." or "location is..." Seems like this should be an option.

2. MKSinSA macrumors regular

MKSinSA

In the criteria, select Other ... then use File Name is then enter the folder you want included. For multiples, hit the + on the upper right and continue.

HTH ... Cheers! :cool:

3. someone28624 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Say a folder I want to include is "Pictures Of Summer," but then other folders I have photos my cell phone generically named "Picture 0324." Won't all files with "picture" in the title be included, or can I use " " to get only the specific folder(s)?

Ok, it's actually finding the specific folders I want fine, but once I add the next folder I want it finds nothing. Seems to be thinking I want the file name to be all of those file names. How would I do file name is.... or file name is.... Sorry, this is my first time trying to utilize any sort of complex smart folder.

4. MKSinSA macrumors regular

MKSinSA

No problem. Open the folder and make sure that "Show Menu" is selected. Then use the "Gear" icon (for lack of a better term) next to the Eyeball and select "Show Search Criteria." You might have narrowed it too much, so eliminate anything that pushes out what you really want in there.