Smart Folio- no Apple logo on back?

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by gjr74, Nov 2, 2018.

1. gjr74 macrumors member

gjr74

MRX72_AV4.jpeg MRXE2_AV1.jpeg
    Minor point- just noticed why the back of the new Smart Folio/keyboards look so naked. No Apple logo! Seems to break tradition with every case Apple's made for iPhones and iPads. Anyone else notice? Maybe I can finally make use of one of the 25-30 Apple-supplied stickers I've accumulated over the years!

2. SnacksGU macrumors 6502

SnacksGU

Interesting. Maybe because the iPad would be used primarily by most people in landscape and make the Apple logo sideways?

3. gatorknight904 macrumors 6502a

gatorknight904

4. gjr74 thread starter macrumors member

gjr74

You may be right about this. They're marketing the heck out of the Smart Keyboard and it's always used in landscape mode. There's the seam on the back of that case which would make it a bit awkward to place the Apple logo. Too bad they couldn't get it onto the standard folio though.

5. Grolubao macrumors 65816

Grolubao

6. Icaras macrumors 603

Icaras

I’m disappointed they removed the logo. First no XR cases and now this? :mad:

7. gatorknight904 macrumors 6502a

gatorknight904

No XR cases is pretty ridiculous.

That’s how I felt about no back cases for the 10.5” iPad Pro last year. I will be happy to move on from that model to this folio if I don’t keep the knockoff folio I found. I’m just happy they made a folio lol. If it calls for sacrificing the Apple Logo than so be it.

8. Icaras, Nov 5, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2018

Icaras macrumors 603

Icaras

Yea, I used to have the 10.5" too and was also disappointed of no back cases! The leather sleeve wasn't truly satisfying to me as it didn't protect it during use and I personally just didn’t prefer leather. Also, they didn't make silicone cases for the new regular iPads either. Very inconsistent and disappointing.

But yea, don't get me wrong. I'm really happy Apple went back to protecting the rear of the iPad again. The folio looks like a winner of a case to me. I actually already have it here in my hands. Just waiting for the new iPad Pro to fit in it :D

9. Loge macrumors 68030

Loge

Yes the new folio cases attaching by magnet is great. The problems with the old back cases from the pre 10.5 days were that they were fiddly to remove, they added bulk around the edges, and you had to be careful they didn't break near the headphone cut out.

I'm hoping we'll get a few more colour choices before long.