Smart Keyboard and Pencil unavailable for pickup again?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by rkuo, Jan 2, 2016.

1. rkuo macrumors 6502a

I have not seen the keyboard or Pencil for the iPad Pro available to schedule for Personal Pickup for quite some time. However, there was an article a couple of weeks ago that said this was starting to be allowed. Did Apple reverse course on this? I gave my keyboard and pencil to my mother expecting more to be available by now, but it seems they are as scarce as ever.

2. ZombiePete macrumors 68020

ZombiePete

It's crazy how hard it is still to get accessories, or even certain models of the iPP itself. It took nearly two weeks for any store in my area to get the SG 128GB iPP in stock for me to buy the second time around, and I figured that they would have plenty on the shelves by now.

I ordered a Pencil from Walmart that will be here on Wednesday, but I am not getting a Smart Keyboard this time around (opted for a Magic Keyboard instead); looking around I'm glad because Smart Keyboards seem harder to get a hold of than ever.

3. Ludatyk macrumors 65816

Ludatyk

Best Buy have both in stock now ready to be shipped.

4. ZombiePete macrumors 68020

ZombiePete

I posted in another thread that in San Antonio both the Apple stores have keyboards available for pick up today.

5. DavidLynch macrumors 6502a

Finally got a keyboard! Thanks!!

6. Ludatyk macrumors 65816

Ludatyk

No problem. But yeah.. As @ZombiePete mention I suggest you check Apple online.. And see if there's stock available.

7. DavidLynch macrumors 6502a

The only store near me that has them is right in Boston, so over an hour away and no parking. Hasn't been worth the hassle.

8. Ludatyk macrumors 65816

Ludatyk

Understandable. I just picked up the Apple Pencil from BB.

9. ZombiePete macrumors 68020

ZombiePete

I got mine from Walmart. I hate to sound elitist, but it was weird picking up an Apple accessory there.

10. Ghost31 macrumors 68000

Ghost31

I was dead set on not getting the Apple smart keyboard and just using my Apple wireless keyboard. Was able to find one though and thought I would give it a try and now I can't imagine using anything else. This thing is awesome. Having the keyboard with me all the time, I'm so much more likely to be more active online

11. ZombiePete macrumors 68020

ZombiePete

Haha...I ended up getting another one too. As nice as the Magic Keyboard is (it's connected to my Mac now) it really is not a great substitute for having a keyboard attached to the iPP that can also b e tucked away when you're not using it. I do enjoy typing on this thing, and it makes it easier to balance the iPP in ways you wouldn't be able to with a detached keyboard (for instance, on the side of my leg while I lay on the couch as I am right now).

The other thing that kind of irritated me about the Magic Keyboard that I didn't realize when I first bought it was that it went to sleep really quickly; after a minute of not using it, I would start typing again and it wouldn't catch the first couple of letters while it woke up again. A minor annoyance, but not something I have to deal with on the Smart Keyboard.

12. kupkakez macrumors 68000

kupkakez

Keyboards are in stock in Austin just picked one up! [​IMG]

13. Mac2me, Jan 6, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2016

Mac2me macrumors 6502a

Did you get your keyboard and Pencil yet? I picked up my Pencil online from Verizon.com (99.97) and shipped for free 2-day FedEx. Received today and love the pencil. It's still in stock as of Thursday a.m., delivery by 1/11 (Sat and Sundays not counted). Here's a link: http://www.verizonwireless.com/accessories/spe-apple-pencil/ Looks like they are out of the keyboard.

14. rkuo thread starter macrumors 6502a

Yes, it looks like keyboards arrived all across the east and west coasts right after the new year's weekend. So I got my keyboard after getting back to SF by scheduling a pickup, but have yet to get another pencil. I'm not really in a huge rush for that, the most I can use that for is signing documents.

Oddly, they still haven't even sent any keyboards to Houston. What's the deal there?