iPad Pro Smart Keyboard Cover Space Bar Issue?

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by SaddleSC, Apr 11, 2016.

1. SaddleSC macrumors member

Last night, I bought the Smart Keyboard Cover for my new 12.9" iPad Pro and I am starting to get used to the unique feel of the keys. However, I have noticed that the space bar is not reliable sometimes and will miss the keystroke about 15-20% of the time. It feels a little firmer than the other keys...is that something that just needs a little bit of time to break-in? Does it loosen up over time? Has anyone else noticed this when their keyboard was brand new or should I request an exchange? Thanks!

2. JamesGoodman macrumors member

I have spent a lot of time in the Apple Stores (NYC) trying to decide between the 12.9 and 9.7 -- and I do more typing than anything, so that time has mostly been spent trying to type. I think -- from that experience -- that your keyboard is defective and you should simply return it for another one. The keyboards in the stores obviously get a ton of use, but I notice that some work perfectly day in and day out and others have space bars like yours, that stop working (by the way I have had the same problem on my 12 Macbook). I do not think it will break in. I think it is broken.

3. Eric5273 macrumors 6502a

I agree. I have noticed no issues with my space bar. I'd exchange it.

4. SaddleSC thread starter macrumors member

Thanks, guys...I will swing by the Apple Store over lunch and get an exchange!