Smart keyboard for 9.7 ipad pro comfortable to use?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by vmflapem, Sep 17, 2016.

1. vmflapem macrumors 6502

I got a smart keyboard for 9.7 ipad pro and when I tried it, the actual typing felt kinda uncomfortable, leading to slower typing. When I'm in lecture, I need to be typing pretty fast. Is this something we can get used to?

2. jmeas macrumors regular

jmeas

I got used to it, and now i pretty much exclusively type on my 9.7" Smart Keyboard. In a way i prefer it over my Macbook keyboards :)

3. Traverse macrumors 603

Traverse

I've used it for about 3 months now. It's the first iPad keyboard that I've every actually stuck with. The keys are a little loud, but they have the best tactile feel of any keyboard I've used in this size. The best thing though is that it is just snap on and forget.

It's about the same size as other 9.7" iPad keyboards so it is a little small, but the adjustment period isn't bad. I jump between my Apple bluetooth keyboard for Mac and my ASK for iPad seamlessly. It takes some practice but I use it for hours at the time to write and take notes rapidly. My typo rate is probably a little higher than on my Mac, but I'd say my speed is about 90% of what I get on my Mac, but that's also because I use a wrist rest when working on my Mac sometimes.

4. tgara macrumors 6502a

tgara

I have one, and I find it comfortable to use. Like anything, it takes a bit of getting used to.

5. Aluminum213 macrumors 68040

Aluminum213

You must LOVE inferior products

I got used to it but doesn't come close to feeling as a good as my MacBook keyboard

6. Traverse macrumors 603

Traverse

That wasn't condescending in the least. :rolleyes:

7. Badrottie Suspended

Badrottie

I am getting used with Logitech Key to go keyboard for my iPad Air 2. :)

8. JulesK macrumors 6502

I can't type as fast on the Smart Keyboard for the 9.7" iPad as I can on a full-size keyboard. But its size and reliable operation make it far superior to other portable options I've tried. I don't type enough on it to make it with carrying around another keyboard. But if I needed to type for hours at a time, I would carry around a compact, full-size keyboard. Logitech makes great keyboards, and the Apple BT keyboard is nice.

9. Booji macrumors 6502a

Booji

yes it takes a bit to get used to, but its also my favorite keyboard. The smaller size means that your fingers have less distance to move. The tactile feeling is excellent. Unless you have very large hands, its a great keyboard.

10. iPadDad macrumors 6502

iPadDad

I think you forgot the words "in my opinion" before your first line!