Smart Keyboard Issues

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by gui0312, Jan 12, 2016.

1. gui0312 macrumors regular

gui0312

Hey guys, I've had my keyboard for about 2 weeks now and I am getting pretty frustrated with the loss of functionality, specifically CMD+Tab for app switching, CMD+Shift+H for home, and when unlocking the device with the numeric key password also fail. The keyboard does work in other areas such as typing etc., when these issues are detected but doesn't get corrected until I manually need to remove the keyboard (undock) and reconnect--a couple of times even after removing and reconnecting it didn't work, had to rinse and repeat a few times. This once in a while wouldn't be a big deal, but it happens quite often and would expect more from a premium priced device. I bought it from AT&T, I can still take to the Genius Bar for a replacement can't I?

2. bluermlou macrumors member

Not sure it would make a difference. A lot of us have the same issue, though admittedly not as often as you are describing. The only issue with going in for a replacement is if they even have replacement stock in store at the moment. Some stores seem to be getting sufficient stock now, but definitely not all of them.