Smart Keyboard on 10.5 iPad Pro

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by ACint24, Jun 26, 2017.

1. ACint24 macrumors member

does anyone have an issue with the keyboard laying flat? I am coming from a gen 1 12.9 and never had this issue but it's very annoying to type on because of this.

2. cognitivefun macrumors newbie

You may have the wrong keyboard. Apple Store gave me a wrong keyboard with my iPad and I luckily realized this problem on the way out and came back and returned it. It did this exact thing you describe.

3. jgo78 macrumors 6502

Most people do, just bend it in place a little.

4. mal5z macrumors newbie

I had the 9.7 smart keyboard and it always laid flat, but I have a friend whose 9.7 always left a gap with the table. Then I bought the 10.5 smart keyboard for my new 10.5 ipad and the keyboard wouldn't lie flat. I could always bend the joint and make it lie flat, but I'd have to do that every time. I took it back after a week and swapped it out. The new one lies flat every time. So they are hit or miss, but you can get one that lies flat every time.

5. Donfor39 macrumors 65816

Donfor39

Found a fun typing app yesterday whilst viewing you tube-smart keyboard review.

Today I’ve immediately returned 29 wpm 98% accuracy-room for improvement.

Tap Type via app store.

Enjoying Apple smart keyboard today.

6. Donfor39 macrumors 65816

Donfor39

One question I cannot answer though suspect it maybe which websites and forums I’l replying to.

e.g. macrumours -why is it if I make a typo and use the cursor keys to alter a typo-the whole page moves.