Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

andrewj

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 4, 2008
I haven't seen this type of thread, so starting one now:

Ordered December 3, available to ship 4-5 weeks (delivers Jan 8-14, 2016).

MartyCan

macrumors 68000
Oct 31, 2012
Near Toronto, ON
I originally ordered from Apple with 5 weeks delivery. But this weekend I saw Best Buy had some and ordered. It was supposed to be delivered today by their estimate but I guess it will be tomorrow now. Tracking shows it in transit.

Gshocker

macrumors newbie
Dec 15, 2015
Coronado, United States
I noticed the same thing and got my keyboard delivered today. I had been checking the Apple stores every few days but it seems the stores are not getting may if any at all in my area.

I had hoped that the Apple stores would have stock by Christmas but when I saw that Best Buy had them I jumped on it. I. Also got my Pencil from Best Buy after spending time looking for that at the Apple Store as well.

Based on forums posts it seems some people who ordered early on from Apple are still waiting..

MartyCan

macrumors 68000
Oct 31, 2012
Near Toronto, ON
My keyboard (using it to type this) arrived today. Within 20 minutes I noticed a charge from Apple to my Amex and checked my Apple order and the Keyboard was "preparing to ship." LOL Unbelievable timing.

I got my pencil yesterday so I cancelled it on my Apple order but once something goes to "preparing to ship" you cannot cancel it so they are sending me the labels to return that one.

andrewj

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 4, 2008
My keyboard (using it to type this) arrived today. Within 20 minutes I noticed a charge from Apple to my Amex and checked my Apple order and the Keyboard was "preparing to ship." LOL Unbelievable timing.

I got my pencil yesterday so I cancelled it on my Apple order but once something goes to "preparing to ship" you cannot cancel it so they are sending me the labels to return that one.
When did you order the keyboard? Mine is still processing.

MatthewStorm

macrumors 6502a
Oct 19, 2003
Chapel Hill
I had to order mine from the Apple store here in NYC because I have a gift card that almost paid for all of it. I thought they were in stock so was surprised to learn mine is estimated to arrive btwn. Jan 24th-Feb 6th. Had no idea they were so backordered on a keyboard.

bowlman2345

macrumors regular
Nov 9, 2015
I ordered mine on BestBuy.com and just unpacked it today. Getting used to it. I had the Logitech Create. I still think off of really early hours impressions that the Create is a better keyboard. But the weight difference and portability factor can't be ignored from the Smart Keyboard.

I'll keep both for a few more days before I decide which one I'm going to return.

jamesrick80

macrumors 68030
Sep 12, 2014
When you ordered it from T-Mobile, did you receive a status update/shipping info shortly thereafter? Mine is still processing with T-Mobile.

Received my update that it shipped by early morning 2 AM after I ordered that previous evening around 8PM I was surprised too that it went from processing to shipped so fast.

jamesrick80

macrumors 68030
Sep 12, 2014
When you ordered it from T-Mobile, did you receive a status update/shipping info shortly thereafter? Mine is still processing with T-Mobile.

Received my update that it shipped by early morning 2 AM after I ordered that previous evening around 8PM I was surprised too that it went from processing to shipped so fast.

andrewj

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 4, 2008
Sounds too good to be true! I just ordered it from T-Mobile...I guess we'll see what happens.
Ordered Sunday, Shipped Monday evening, and due to be delivered today. Still in disbelief, given how out of stock it's been everywhere else!

robert109

macrumors member
Jun 14, 2011
Ordered Sunday, Shipped Monday evening, and due to be delivered today. Still in disbelief, given how out of stock it's been everywhere else!
Ordered on Sunday too, but still being processed. Just wonder whether I can get it before Christmas.

jonathanflores

macrumors newbie
Dec 17, 2015
Texas
Does anyone know where I can sell 3 smart keyboards $129 total! I got target to price match at $39.99 since they had a little error on their site and I ended up getting 5 sold 1 just now and 1 more is on hold

gui0312

macrumors 6502
Apr 10, 2015
Has anyone managed to snag one at a local Best Buy, Apple Store, or any other retailer? I went in to look at two of my closer best buys and I saw various pencils in their "Apple cages" but nothing on the keyboard though online it said out of stock for the pencil as well.

devindjs411

macrumors member
Sep 28, 2015
I ordered mine through the AT&T website on the Dec. 26, & it arrived Dec. 28. Surprisingly fast, but I love it. Makes texting & web browsing so much easier. It does add some weight to it, but give the iPad overall a much more premium feeling.

gui0312

macrumors 6502
Apr 10, 2015
I ordered mine through the AT&T website on the Dec. 26, & it arrived Dec. 28. Surprisingly fast, but I love it. Makes texting & web browsing so much easier. It does add some weight to it, but give the iPad overall a much more premium feeling.
when you ordered it through AT&T did it show as est. delivery of January 6-15? About 10 days?

surferfb

macrumors 6502
Nov 7, 2007
Washington DC
when you ordered it through AT&T did it show as est. delivery of January 6-15? About 10 days?
I ordered one yesterday from AT&T around 10am EST and it said 1/5/16 - 1/12/16 - it's out for delivery today (and I didn't order express shipping). Obviously I can't promise that the same will happen to you but it's worth a shot - if you find one elsewhere you can always cancel.

gui0312

macrumors 6502
Apr 10, 2015
I ordered one yesterday from AT&T around 10am EST and it said 1/5/16 - 1/12/16 - it's out for delivery today (and I didn't order express shipping). Obviously I can't promise that the same will happen to you but it's worth a shot - if you find one elsewhere you can always cancel.
Ok cool, I just place the order, let's see what happens. I have one on order with Apple.com but it shows January 21-26

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.