Smart Keyboard, Wrinkles in Fabric?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by powerbook911, Apr 5, 2016.

1. powerbook911 macrumors 68040

powerbook911

I received the Smart Keyboard for 12.9 iPad Pro on Monday. It is a joy to type on.

However, upon unboxing; I immediately saw wrinkles in the fabric around the keys. To some degree, there are wrinkles around all the keys, but it is particularly heavy just below the 4 arrow keys. It is as though you see a cross hatch of wrinkles from where a machine pulled the fabric tight, but not tight enough to prevent the wrinkles.

Is this how all of them look due to the fabric covering?

Thank you for letting me know if you see a similar phenomenon with your Smart Keyboard. I think Apple did a really nice job on this product, yes the price is quite steep, but if someone needs to type, this feels great. You are not slowed down the least bit by this keyboard.

2. sracer macrumors 603

sracer

No wrinkles here.

I agree, the price is a bitter pill to swallow but relatively speaking, it perhaps the best keyboard cover for any tablet.

3. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

You had a Surface Pro, right? How does typing on the Smart Keyboard compare to typing on the Surface keyboard cover?

4. Wackery macrumors 6502a

We're going to need pictures. Mine doesn't have it I think.

5. artfossil macrumors 6502

artfossil

Return it. There shouldn't be wrinkles.

6. Ghost31 macrumors 68000

Ghost31

Yeah mine doesn't have wrinkles either. You shouldn't buy a keyboard that looks like a 90 year old man's face. Return it and exchange it for one that is wrinkle free

7. powerbook911 thread starter macrumors 68040

powerbook911

Thank you to you and all the other replies. I will go ahead and try to setup an exchange with Best Buy then. I'm glad I checked before committing to keeping it. That's what makes this forum great!

8. Ghost31 macrumors 68000

Ghost31

No prob, Mr book. Hope you're enjoying your new iPad besides the little keyboard issue!