Smart phones and Macs

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by vp719, May 23, 2007.

1. vp719 macrumors regular

Hey everyone, i'm planning on getting a macbook or MBP for my first year of college this fall, and was wondering what types of smart phones, other than the iPhone, are compatible with macs? would i be able to sync any blackberry with my MP, or are there only certain ones? Thanks

2. devilot Moderator emeritus

devilot

If I'm understanding your post correctly (working on roughly two hours of sleep :eek:), I think this might help.

3. netdog macrumors 603

netdog

But which of these are SmartPhones? And anyone have any opinions which of that group are good and work well with the Mac?

Clearly, by the time the OP enters college, the iPhone will be the most compatible of the lot, but I am curious what is now.

4. iKwick7 macrumors 65816

iKwick7

5. kuebby macrumors 68000

kuebby

I'll vouch for The Missing Sync. It allows me to use my Motorola Q (running Windows Mobile 5) to work seamlessly with my MB.

6. buymeaniphone macrumors 6502

buymeaniphone

Treo 650

I use a Treo 650 and it syncs fine with my Mac. It doesn't synchronize with my mac's address book, calender or contacts, but I dont use those on my mac anyways, I just keep everything on the phone. If anything happens to the phone and the contacts get wiped out then I can just sync it again and all the contacts will be back.