Smart Playlist data still getting deleted on 3g

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by attadj, Aug 7, 2008.

1. attadj macrumors member

Well the same bug that's been there since Iphone1 has been ported to the new Iphone 3g 2.0.1 firmware. I was happily listening to my music all day today, maybe 30 songs, at work. Went to dinner, surfed the web on the phone, came home went for a walk listened to 10 more songs. Came home and synced. The stupid IPhone only updated the playlist data for the last 10 songs. All the other data was deleted for no reason. When will Apple fix this bug? None of the Ipods I've owned ever had this problem. I could listen to songs for an entire week and sync with no problems on the ipod. The XML data stored on this Iphone is easily deleted for no reason whatsoever. Please go to apple.com/feedback and leave another bug report. This has to be fixed. I'm constantly having to worry about syncing all the time. I've tried all the tricks on how to create two smart playlists, one that just points to my main one, etc. nothing works.

2. gray67 macrumors member

gray67

hmm...I'm not noticing that bug on my iPhone but I AM noticing that the live updating of Smart Playlists on the phone is not happening. I've got a smart list that removes all songs with one star and I've noticed that when I update a song with one star, it doesn't disappear from the list. Stupid bug it seems to me - this is basic functionality that Apple should have mastered long ago.