smart playlists do not work

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by nba1341, Dec 28, 2007.

1. nba1341 macrumors regular

has anybody had trouble getting smart playlists to work?

I made one for my top 25 most played and it doesnt even work it shows up some random list that does not match the songs that are the most played in itunes

2. Vidder macrumors regular

Vidder

I have the same exact problem...i'm hoping that there is an update that will fix it. But my problem is the same...itunes shows the correct list..but the ipod doesn't update the same list..its just a random list of music...very frustrating.

3. OrangeCuse44 macrumors 65816

OrangeCuse44

Its a widespread issue. A lot of people including myself have posted about it. I could tell you to search the forums but you wont find any solutions. Hopefully 1.1.3 fixes this issue. It sucks.

4. aristobrat macrumors G4

IIRC, any smart playlist that uses "most" or "least" (as in "most often played") is broken in that it works inversely on the iPod Touch/iPhone.

For example, "25 most played songs" actually shows you your 25 least played songs (when the playlist is put on the Touch/iPhone).

Until this is fixed, if you want your "25 most played songs", make a new smart playlist that shows your "25 least played songs". Once you sync it, your Touch/iPhone should show the "25 most played".

5. Vidder macrumors regular

Vidder

Awesome. That worked. Just stinks because its still different to the iTunes playlist...but at least the play list works now. Thanks.

Does anyone know when the next update will be, and if this will have the fix for it?

6. nba1341 thread starter macrumors regular

yea when is this update coming tis been a while since the last one....

7. Vidder macrumors regular

Vidder

The update is available now...it fixed the smart playlist issue!
    Woo!

The only other problem i noticed with the iPod Touch is that the XBox 360 doesn't read it and therefore you can't use it with the XBox at all...I have yet to see if this update fixed that as well.

8. nba1341 thread starter macrumors regular

ive noticed that the smart playlists work now but the numbers of playcount, last played, etc do not match up with itunes and the ipod touch itself

i played a song like 10 times on my touch and connect it to my computer and it says 0 plays