Smart playlists don't update on phone now?

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by TJ61, Sep 30, 2012.

1. TJ61 macrumors 6502a

I have smart playlists in iTunes (Windows 7) that I sync to my phone. One of the criteria for the playlist is that the item NOT have a five star rating. Then, on the phone, when I give the item a five star rating it disappears from the list. This way, the playlist on the phone is kept current with items not listened to.

This has been working for some time, across devices (iPods) including my 4S running iOS 5. Since I updated to iOS 6, rating an item with 5 stars on my iPhone no longer causes it to disappear from the playlist.

Has anyone else seen similar issues with smart playlists? I've refreshed the syncing of the playlists to no avail.

Thanks,
    Tom

2. dlankler macrumors newbie

Me, too. Since upgrading to iOS 6, none of my devices smart playlists are updating. My smartlists on my computer in itunes are updating, and getting proper lists on my devices requires a sync.

3. TJ61 thread starter macrumors 6502a

By coincidence, today I just happened to figure out that I can force a smart playlist update by deleting the app from the recent app list. When I go back into the Music app, the playlists update themselves. I consider this a mildly bogus workaround, and hope the correct (well, previous) functionality returns.

Regards
    Tom

4. dlankler macrumors newbie

TJ, what do you mean by Recent App list? Do you mean the apps that show up when you double click the square home button? Thanks.

5. TJ61 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Yes. Then, tap and hold on the app until the little red circle with the white line appears, and tap that circle to quit the app.

Regards,
    Tom