Smart Playlists with iTunes Match

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by mstruve, Oct 22, 2014.

1. mstruve macrumors regular

I've done a bit of googling on this the last couple of days but can't find an answer...

I have recently subscribed to Match, in order to be able to access and organise my music on different computers.

One of my primary ways of organising my music is using smart playlists, but these don't seem to work properly on my iPhone since turning Match on.

Tracks don't show up in the correct order and there are loads of duplicates. There doesn't seem to be any logic or pattern to the way it's messed up.

Does anyone know what might be causing it? Is there a particular definition in the Smart playlists that causes the problems?

2. Satori macrumors 6502a

Satori

Match is quite buggy in my experience and often includes duplicates in playlists as well as my main library. It requires quite a bit of housekeeping to keep things how you want, which is quite irritating, but it is still far easier than manually managing music across numerous devices. I'd be interested to know if anyone has find a way to minimise the errors and omissions.

3. mstruve thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for the response. I don't mind a bit of housekeeping, I quite enjoy sorting through my music and rearranging it in playlists etc, so I'll see how I get on with it.

Early days yet... it hasn't even finished matching up my music library yet, so some of the issues could be because of that.

The only thing is that I rely quite heavily on smart playlists for listening on my phone, so if the playlists don't show up properly on the phone then I'll have to go back to manually syncing music.

Presumably I can switch off Match on the phone and only sync manually? But still use Match to sync libraries between computers?