Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jana_CZ

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 30, 2019
Hi, please share your experience & recommendations of smart scales.

I want to replace my current Body+ (Withings), as it’s terribly unreliable* and I just have no more patience with it 🙄

Requirements are fairly simple:
- get weight & basic body composition data (fat/muscle, water %, lean mass %)
- wifi & BT connectivity
- automatic recognition of family members
- seamless syncing to Health
- available in EU

Thanks!

*) withings rant just in case anyone’s wondering (need to vent anyway…):
- their app stopped syncing to Health (and the only workaround to force the sync is to delete the app, install again and do all the lengthy re-syncing); reported a bug some time last year, just keep hearing they’re “working on it”
- tried to unpair & pair the device as part of troubleshooting… big mistake, it wouldn’t connect back to wifi anymore, complaining it can only handle 2.4 GHz and not 5 GHz (of course my wifi has both - and it worked just fine on the same wifi before…)
- last couple of weeks even BT syncing from the scale to the withings app got broken (some syncing does happen - “unknown measurements” do show up if I intentionally weigh something random, but my measurements simply won’t sync to the app despite of multiple restarts, re-pairing etc)
- long story short, I’ve ended up having to manually enter all measurements into Health, which isn’t what I expected from a “smart” scale 🤦‍♀️

Bodhitree

macrumors 68000
Apr 5, 2021
Netherlands
I’ve given up on getting my scale to sync. I have a Medisana which cost about 50 euros normally though I got it on sale for 30. So I just input body weight by hand into the health app and I’ve ditched the rest of the measurements. Sad but there you are.

• Sad
Reactions: Jana_CZ
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.