Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

catsartcox

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 30, 2013
Hi,

So I can't find any really helpful info by googling it, So I would be very grateful for your help.

A few days Ago, I changed my SSD, from the OCZ Vertex 3 I had to a Seagate 600. I went from 120 to 480gb. When I got my iMac I did do the dual hard rive upgrade as described on ifixit.

Anyways, now thought I did float it as OS Extended Journaled it seems to have lost support for the drives SMART status. I am typing this post using this drive. So OSX is good to install on it. I no it is supported. Both new egg and seats site talk about it.
I have a iMac 2011 27inch Model A1312
Any ideas? Thanks

joelw135

macrumors 6502a
Oct 15, 2008
New Jersey, USA
Hi,

So I can't find any really helpful info by googling it, So I would be very grateful for your help.

A few days Ago, I changed my SSD, from the OCZ Vertex 3 I had to a Seagate 600. I went from 120 to 480gb. When I got my iMac I did do the dual hard rive upgrade as described on ifixit.

Anyways, now thought I did float it as OS Extended Journaled it seems to have lost support for the drives SMART status. I am typing this post using this drive. So OSX is good to install on it. I no it is supported. Both new egg and seats site talk about it.
I have a iMac 2011 27inch Model A1312
Any ideas? Thanks

OK don't panic my new iMac Late 2103 does not show smart status in disk utility but go to About this mac/More Info/System Report then storage and you will see the status of the drive when you highlight it.

macthefork

macrumors 6502
Feb 2, 2013
Also, be sure you're looking at the Drive itself in Disk Utility, not the volume on the drive. The volume won't show any SMART Data.

Reactions: ccsccs7
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.