Home Smart Switch?

Discussion in 'HomeKit, HomePod, CarPlay, Home & Auto Technology' started by robwithtoast, Jan 12, 2017.

1. robwithtoast, Jan 12, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2017

robwithtoast macrumors regular

robwithtoast

I'm looking at smart switches for my home. The only one I see is the Lurton that works with HomeKit. I was thinking that if you had a smart hub like wink you could control another brand of smart switches. Is this something you can do? I'd rather have the switches than the hue light bulb system. I guess I should have added that part where I want to control with Siri and my voice. I have my Apple Watch that I'd love to just say " hey Siri" Turn on kitchen lights.

2. vondo macrumors member

Right now Lutron and maybe Insteon are your only real choices. From CES 2017 a week ago, there were announcements by Leviton and a promising hub from Mixte (?) that will enable HomeKit to talk to other systems. So if you can wait 6 months you may find a different landscape.

Wink is not HomeKit compatible.

3. robwithtoast thread starter macrumors regular

robwithtoast

Ah okay. I'm really wanting to get an echo but something is telling me to wait for a Siri home device. I thought I'd get a head start and just use my phone/watch until the device became available.