Smart watch or dumb watch?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Badrottie, Mar 4, 2017.

1. Badrottie Suspended

Badrottie

Some people said the walking or running app misread how many steps you have make then Apple Watch is a dumb Watch?

2. Relentless Power macrumors Core

Relentless Power

I don't think inaccuracy makes the Apple Watch dumb. It's a fitness tracker. And no smart Watch on the market is 100% accurate, they are all general trackers, which all will have different results.

3. Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

The numbers are only to be used as a guide. Heck, even my phone and watch do not agree with each other.

4. inhalexhale1 macrumors 6502a

DERP

:confused:

5. GoSUV macrumors member

So the AW counts steps differently from what other device you are comparing? And what makes the other device right and the AW wrong, if they are just "different"? You counted your steps in your head while you walked/ran and try to prove the AW is dumb? Now that's dumb...

(Sorry not trying to offend you, I know you didn't make that comment, it was someone else.)

6. Hermes Monster macrumors 65816

Hermes Monster

I've been using a FitBit Alta for about six months, and always felt that the step count was "generous" to say the least. The Apple Watch count feels a lot more realistic ... which makes it much harder to hit my daily goals :D

7. Ffosse macrumors 65816

I find it pretty accurate with GPS showing distance covered, certainly much the same as my phone.