smartcover color gone

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Hongkongfu, Oct 29, 2011.

1. Hongkongfu macrumors member

hello ,

i have a orange smartcover and on serval places the color is gone :eek: is like some white places but i never drop something on the cover , i dont even use it to hard ..

is there also a waranty for this ? the over is about 4 months old

2. Ecoh macrumors 6502a

Ecoh

There are some types of hand lotion or insect repellent that will cause damage to plastic type material. Maybe something you had on your hands caused it ?

I think chances are good that Apple will replace it for you. They replaced my father's 10 month old iPad 1 cover that came apart in a seam.

3. sparkhill macrumors regular

You are holding it wrong. Seriously, just take it back to the Apple Store and get a replacement.

4. SolstroCken macrumors newbie

SolstroCken

I like the grey ebelow cover because it matches the aluminum backing, has a nicer texture than the leather (IMO), and is more durable than the leather. You'd better to get a replacement.

5. secksthoi macrumors member

6. Mac.World macrumors 68000

Mac.World

I have had my black leather since day 1 they were available and it's still in perfect condition. And it has taken much abuse! My wife has the pink poly smart cover for about 4 months and no color fading, but she keeps it inside and away from the sun, nor does she use a lot of moisturising products on her hands to transmit that onto her cover.

To be fair, considering the abuse I have given my cover, plus the exposure to the sun and airport terminals, I think leather will hold up better. Just my opinion though.

7. Yr Blues macrumors 68020

Is that why Apple discontinued the orange Smart Cover? Hmmm…

8. darngooddesign macrumors G3

I just had mone swapped under warranty two weeks ago and the store still had orange. Call your stores to see if they do.