Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

What is your favourite color for you smartphone?

• Black

Votes: 42 62.7%
  • White

Votes: 18 26.9%
  • Silver

Votes: 6 9.0%
  • Gold

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Grey

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Blue

Votes: 4 6.0%
  • Green

Votes: 4 6.0%
  • Yellow

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Red

Votes: 6 9.0%
  • Others

Votes: 3 4.5%

• Total voters

bubulol

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 7, 2013
Which one do you prefer when it comes to choose color for your smartphone?

Illustrate your choice by uploading a picture(s) of color phone version!

Last edited:

Technarchy

macrumors 604
May 21, 2012
White.

My last black phone was the iPhone 5S purchased October of last year.

Black is just kind of dreary and hides the shapes and contours of the device

Tig Bitties

macrumors 603
Sep 6, 2012
Each phone looks better or worse in certain colors.

One color I am surprised we don't see more of, is the matte dull gray color. Nokia Lumia 920 had that gray, was only available outside the U.S. and IMO it was amazing looking. A good middle ground between the common black and white.

I think white looked best on the older iPhone 4 / 4S. And black looks best on Nexus phones.

The glacial silver color on the HTC One M7 / M8 is great too.

bubulol

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 7, 2013
Black: classic
White: girly not because white targets women, its a neutral color but women target white color as their favorite smartphone color
White phones look prettier than black, dont you think?

Shanghaichica

macrumors G5
Apr 8, 2013
UK
I flip flop. I'm naturally drawn to white phones. However I don't mind black and if I'm forced to get black due to white being unavailable I end up preferring black in the end. I think white looses its allure after time but black always looks sleek and classic.

LIVEFRMNYC

macrumors G3
Oct 27, 2009
Black for the most part. You can't go wrong with black.

I like white too, but I tend not to go with white nowadays. This is because the front senors and led notification are too obvious on white smartphones.

I also pick red in the poll, cause I loved the maroon red color that my S3 had.

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
Smartphone colors, which one do you prefer?

Depends on 1. The device 2. My mood. 3. Availability

Generally for me some devices look better in certain colors. However what I end up choosing to buy is often governed by availability. Often if there are multiple colors available, I find the distribution and availability of those can be extremely limited to the point where only 1 color may actually be available openly to me for purchase.

Technarchy

macrumors 604
May 21, 2012
Though, if/win I get another iPhone, it will be a gold 6S+ next year.

I think Apple gold is quite a looker, especially on the 5/5S.

Zxxv

macrumors 68040
Nov 13, 2011
UK
Black: classic
White: girly not because white targets women, its a neutral color but women target white color as their favorite smartphone color
White phones look prettier than black, dont you think?

I have a white phone but I know what you mean I changed all my paper to black. I also won't read a book or a newspaper unless its black. All my toilet roll I changed to black and I won't wear any white t shirts. Im even thinking of getting my skin died because I'm white its such a hindrance to my happiness cause I just feel all girly.

idiot

Tsepz

macrumors 601
Jan 24, 2013
Johannesburg, South Africa
Black.

I nearly got my Note 4 in White, but really preferred Black, same with S4. My Sony Ericsson W800i Walkman Phone was White and Orange back in 2005, was pretty awesome, had my Galaxy S2, S3 and iPad in White to, but got over it.

WRT colours like Green, Red etc... I think Nokia did a great job with for example the N8, mine was Lime Green, looked great thanks to the metal body and chrome accents, and the Lumias look good in those bright colours.

Never been a fan of Gold, be it the Gold Note 4, iPhones etc...

Ffosse

macrumors 68000
Nov 5, 2012
Having had nothing but black or white phones, I like green now.

2014%2B-%2B1

2014%2B-%2B1

Last edited:

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
I prefer black but some of the vibrant colors on the Lumia were appealing to me as well.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.