Smartphone compatibility with Mac (switching from iPhone)

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by prada, Sep 26, 2010.

1. prada macrumors newbie

After 2.5 years with my iPhone, I have grown absolutely sick of AT&T's horrible service (my calls drop 5x a day on average) and am switching back to Verizon.

The thing I liked most about having an iPhone and a Mac was the seamless integration -- contacts, calendars, mail, etc. I use the native Mac OS programs and do not want to switch over to something else just because of a new phone. So I'm wondering if any of you have recommendations on Verizon smartphones that work easily with Macs.

A few things the phone must have:
    - simple email interface with capability for multiple email addresses
    - easy to use maps/GPS application (I rely on the iPhone for this function, no GPS in the car)
    - like I said before, seamless integration of contacts and calendars using the native Mac applications on my MBP.

Any advice is much appreciated!

2. IgnatiusTheKing macrumors 68040

IgnatiusTheKing

If you have a Gmail account, you can sync Address Book and iCal with the Google services. Set up your Gmail account in Mail as an IMAP account and you're golden on pretty much any Android phone.

3. 1rottenapple macrumors 65816

There's a way to sync your android calendar with the iphone's Ical app. Forgot what it's soled, google it. However I tried the trial and it worked pretty well. I however have gone 100% web based syncing on my iPhone using googles services to sync my calendar, contacts, and mail on my iphone.

4. airmax922 macrumors member

If you have Snow Leopard, you should able to sync your address book, calendar on the fly to your gmail account. so if you get an android phone, should not have any issue!

5. prada thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the input. Does anyone have experience with blackberries? I'm leaning towards getting the Storm.