SmartPhone iPhone Virgin should I wait?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by fredzrez, Jul 1, 2010.

1. fredzrez macrumors newbie

I've currently have a Nokia 3120 (not a smartphone) and was planning to get an iPhone 4. Now with all the antenna issues I am wondering if I should wait to see what happens before I make the move into the smartphone iphone world.

???

2. Hellishness macrumors 65816

Hellishness

3. Alphaspida macrumors member

Why are you hesitating. The reception issue is only an issue if you make it an issue.

Posted on my iPhone 4.

4. darkhunter139 macrumors regular

I don't see a reason to wait, its not that bad at all.

5. randomerratum macrumors 6502

I'm gonna make two conflicting points here;

1) be careful of people who are saying it's not an issue unless you make it an issue. It seems to be a problem for some, and others can't even recreate the issue. By holding my iPhone 4 naturally in my left hand while interacting with my right, the problematic area rests squarely on the "meaty" part of my palm... I've always held my phones this way to interact with them. On cue, I tend to lose about 3 bars in 20-30 seconds... but I've yet to actually drop a call. Only once did it appear to sever my data connection for a moment.

That being said;

2) This phone is otherwise quite awesome. With a little hand muscle retraining, I can avoid touching the area. Additionally I've got a Bumper shipping to me. Basically- everything else about this phone is phenomenal enough that I'm willing to work with the issue and I suspect some sort of resolution is around the corner (Bumper compensation, software fix, whatever) - I'm not thrilled about the compromise, but it's well worth it to me.

Maybe try holding one at an Apple store, if you feel like you can avoid touching that lower left separator area in the antenna naturally and/or don't mind getting a Bumper- you'll REALLY enjoy this phone. It's so freaking awesome! :cool:

6. Haziza macrumors member

Haziza

I would wait a while for Apple to fix the hardware issue.

I'm pretty sure this is fixed soon, or i wont buy an iphone with a antenna like that.

7. shadrap macrumors 6502

Do not wait, if you can find one, run as fast as you can and get it. Despite the trolls, the chicken littles, and the wish I hads. This is the best smart phone ever