iPhone SmartTap battery drain

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by KUPARA, May 2, 2014.

1. KUPARA macrumors regular

KUPARA

I got it installed and the battery started going down very fast. Almost like 6% in 30 minutes with no screen time and no wi-fi, 3g, etc. I have a 5s. Great, great tweak and so useful, but this battery issue is just annoying.

2. XboxMySocks macrumors 68020

XboxMySocks

It's not SmartTap. I have it installed and working just fine.

3. KUPARA thread starter macrumors regular

KUPARA

Deffo it was. No battery issues before. Started when i installed and stopped after uninstall

4. XboxMySocks macrumors 68020

XboxMySocks

Nope. Running fine on my iPhone :p

5. aPple nErd macrumors 68030

aPple nErd

Yeah my phone is fine as well. Although it doesnmake sense since the digitizer is being kept on when the phone is asleep.

6. XboxMySocks macrumors 68020

XboxMySocks

To be honest, the digitiser has a very minor impact on battery life...

7. HenryLong, May 3, 2014
    Last edited: May 3, 2014

HenryLong macrumors 6502

HenryLong

I'm wondering whether the issue of battery drain could be device related.
    With the 5S using its M7 co-processor it may have less battery consumption than older devices using the main processor to keep the digitizer running.
    So it might be helpful if you name your device type when reporting battery drain / no drain in order to sort it out.

I really like the idea of SmartTap but still hesitate to install it on my 4S due to possible battery impact.

EDIT: I'll steer clear from it. The question whether it drains battery (or not) has been answered...

http://www.reddit.com/r/jailbreak/comments/24m6xe/heads_up_smarttap_has_a_huge_impact_on_battery/

8. 0xyMoron macrumors 6502

Of course it will cause battery drain, the tweak keeps the digitizer awake ready to take touch inputs, you can turn this off but then after seconds of idle no further touch inputs will be registered unless you use physical buttons.

9. Thomasxxxxx macrumors member

Yes, I can confirm it. After installing it the battery started to drain very fast. I turn to sleep my iPad with 15% battery and then after few hours the battery was completely drained. There is no problem in battery in my iPad. I have had my iPad just few months.

10. Barneygumble47 macrumors regular

Yip drained battery on my 5s very fast almost completely flat after 7 hours. Back to normal after I removed it. Good idea tho.

11. ali2b macrumors newbie

-

it happen to me also after I installed it (smartTap) in my iphone 5 the battery drain very fast :mad::mad::mad:

12. tvotony macrumors regular

It seems to me that it's similar to virtual home

13. Zunayed Alam macrumors newbie

Zunayed Alam

I'm using a 4s nd i downloaded dim nd smarttap at the same tym.. My battery percentage downs by 10% every 5 mins.. I uninstalled both.. Bt still having the same battery issue.. Need assistance..