Smartwatch

Discussion in 'Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices' started by itsmeorthedog, Nov 27, 2013.

1. itsmeorthedog, Nov 27, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2013

itsmeorthedog macrumors member

2. Lloydbm41 macrumors 68040

Lloydbm41

The one with the most development is the Pebble. Don't know if it makes it the best.

3. hafr macrumors 68030

"Best" is relative.

To me, the MetaWatch is the best, because it does exactly what I need it to without being a distraction and it has great battery life. Others will feel it's limited to the point where it's totally unnecessary and instead want an iWatch.

So take a few minutes, think about what you need and what you want, write down pros and cons of all watches available to you, then simply choose the one that's best for you.

4. spinedoc77 macrumors G3

spinedoc77

Depends if you want just notifications on your wrist, an extension of your existing smartphone, or if you want a full blown phone replacement on your wrist like the Neptune Pine or Omate. Personally I think the watches like the pebble and Gear are useless and duplicate functionality that might take a millisecond more, ie; glancing at your phone.

5. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

The biggest benefit IMO is if you are in a noisy area and would miss notifications.

6. navra233 macrumors newbie

As of now Pebble is doing great in field of SmartWatches. But in coming time there will be more SmartWatches... Possibly one from Apple Itself.

7. b166er macrumors 68020

b166er

Having used a few, I still think Pebble is the best. Especially if you use an Android phone. There is a million tweaks available for it to really make it do what you want it to do.