Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Plaedies

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 14, 2011
Can anyone offer advice?

I have a jail broken iPad 2 version 4.3.3 an I've dropped it completely shattering the screen. I have to take it to PC world where I purchased it as I have a 'whatever happens warranty' so I guess they'll either replace the glass or replace the iPad. I'd prefer the first option anyhow, should I restore my iPad.

I have the blobs saved at 4.3.3 so would that mean that I could just put that firmware back on?

Andrew

scirica

macrumors 68020
May 13, 2008
Dallas, TX
Can anyone offer advice?

I have a jail broken iPad 2 version 4.3.3 an I've dropped it completely shattering the screen. I have to take it to PC world where I purchased it as I have a 'whatever happens warranty' so I guess they'll either replace the glass or replace the iPad. I'd prefer the first option anyhow, should I restore my iPad.

I have the blobs saved at 4.3.3 so would that mean that I could just put that firmware back on?

Andrew

As long as you have your blobs as you say you will be able to restore to 4.3.3 and re-jailbreak. Plenty of instructions available. If you get an total replacement, who knows what firmware you will get!

Good luck!

Plaedies

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 14, 2011
Thanks

But would you advise restoring it first before I take it back or take the chance as the iPad works fine it's just the screen?

zaxdude

macrumors 6502
Mar 11, 2011
Thanks

But would you advise restoring it first before I take it back or take the chance as the iPad works fine it's just the screen?

The shattered glass has nothing to do with it being jailbroken; it shouldn't affect the warranty plan you have. It won't hurt to restore it just in case, tho.... Since you have your blobs saved you should have no issue restoring to 4.3.3.

Do remember, tho: if they replace the ipad completely and it doesn't have 4.3.3 on it already, you won't be able to jailbreak. The blobs you have are only good for the ipad you have currently.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.