Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Thatquadguy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 9, 2014
Hi I smashed my iphone 6 screen while still within my return window, the cost for a new screen according to apples website it £86.44, could I still return the phone for a refund and ask them to decuct £86.44?

oneofthenine

macrumors regular
Sep 27, 2014
nope, even if you pay for the repair your return period no longer exists due to damaging it I'm afraid.

Charadis

macrumors 65816
Jul 3, 2010
Hi I smashed my iphone 6 screen while still within my return window, the cost for a new screen according to apples website it £86.44, could I still return the phone for a refund and ask them to decuct £86.44?

Assuming you did not buy at an Apple Store (ie, carrier, authorized reseller, major outlet...etc), and assuming the Genius Bar has available display assembly parts in stock, and there is no other damage to the phone casing/body/buttons/camera/etc, I cannot think any reason why your vendor would refuse a return.

If you purchased from Apple Store, you may still be able to return after they repair, if all the other criteria above is met (and the phone is repaired by Genius Bar), but YMMV. Sent from my iPhone.

Hal~9000

macrumors 68020
Sep 13, 2014
I can tell you first hand the aluminum body is extremely soft.

Yeah, I figured its hard to smash an iPhone screen (i.e. dropping it) without causing any damage to the aluminum body.

Might be the motivation for the OP trying to return the phone instead of simply getting a screen replacement?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.