Smashed iphone 6

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Thatquadguy, Oct 11, 2014.

1. Thatquadguy macrumors newbie

Hi I smashed my iphone 6 screen while still within my return window, the cost for a new screen according to apples website it £86.44, could I still return the phone for a refund and ask them to decuct £86.44?

2. siurpeeman macrumors 603

siurpeeman

3. oneofthenine macrumors regular

nope, even if you pay for the repair your return period no longer exists due to damaging it I'm afraid.

4. Hal~9000 macrumors 68000

Hal~9000

5. Charadis macrumors 6502a

Assuming you did not buy at an Apple Store (ie, carrier, authorized reseller, major outlet...etc), and assuming the Genius Bar has available display assembly parts in stock, and there is no other damage to the phone casing/body/buttons/camera/etc, I cannot think any reason why your vendor would refuse a return.

If you purchased from Apple Store, you may still be able to return after they repair, if all the other criteria above is met (and the phone is repaired by Genius Bar), but YMMV. Sent from my iPhone.

6. 617aircav Suspended

What working adult does not know this?

7. iapplelove macrumors 68040

iapplelove

I can tell you first hand the aluminum body is extremely soft.

8. Hal~9000 macrumors 68000

Hal~9000

Yeah, I figured its hard to smash an iPhone screen (i.e. dropping it) without causing any damage to the aluminum body.

Might be the motivation for the OP trying to return the phone instead of simply getting a screen replacement?

9. old-wiz macrumors G3

Good Grief OP, act like an adult and pay for the repair.