Phones Smashed Samsung Galaxy S2, can I retrive pictures, contacts, etc?

Discussion in 'Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices' started by meagsmcn, Aug 8, 2013.

1. meagsmcn macrumors newbie

I had an S2 for a while and loved it, however it fell off my bookshelf while I was out one day and smashed, and wouldn't turn back on. I got an iPhone 4 as a replacement and I love it, but I obviously lost everything I had saved on my previous phone. Does anyone know of a way to recover what I lost?

2. Fernandez21 macrumors 601

Fernandez21

Did you have anything backed up to the cloud? For example google plus and gmail? What about the sd card? If not, have you tried connecting it to your computer and see if it can read anything from the phone?

3. jimbo1mcm macrumors 68000

Well you should be able to recover all your Google contacts when you log in to Google again. If the pix are really valuable, do some research to find a firm that can recover them. Might cost some bucks.

4. chagla macrumors 6502a

chagla

not sure if you had an external card. open the battery cover and remove the SD card if there is one. pictures should be there. so it doesnt matter if the phone turns on or not. i recommend visiting XDA forums.