SMB Authent Issue - Yes I Searched

Discussion in 'macOS' started by bitslap47, Dec 5, 2007.

1. bitslap47 macrumors 6502a

bitslap47

OK. Quick and dirty.

<> Mac OSX 10.5.1
    <> Linksys WRT600N router, NAS drive attached.
    <> 200GB Maxtor Drive
    <> MacBook Ultimate, Wired 1GB
    <> Using admin user

I connect by opening finder, Connect to server. SMB://<ipaddress>

A default share is created, the folder exists. I enter as registered user, and supply admin user and password. The share connects. I can read files, I can delete files, I can create a folder which disappears immediately until I disconnect and reconnect.

I cannot copy files to the share. It tells me the file contains one or more items for which I don't have permissions.

I have reformatted, rebooted, etc, etc. I am able to connect the drive directly to my Mac and no issues.

I can connect to the share using a windows pc, same user and password with zero issues at all... copy, delete, rename... no problem.

Am I missing something?

Edit:
    When I say Windows PC, I mean Windows XP running in parallels on the same mac that has the issue.

2. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

The only thing I can think of is this: Are your Mac and the NAS drive set to the same Windows workgroup? Macs default to WORKGROUP, while Windows defaults to MSHOME.

3. bitslap47 thread starter macrumors 6502a

bitslap47

Sorry I left that piece out.

The workgroup under OSX is et to workgroup, WINS servers are empty. The NAS device host and workgroup are "nas200G" and "workgroup" respectively.