Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Peepo

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 18, 2009
It works if you use format smb://{ip_address, or host}
But it does not remember a full path in recent servers, for example...
smb://192.168.10.50/media works initially, but when I disconnect and choose from recent servers it does not remember the path and tries just 192.168.10.50. This, in my case, causes an error because it seems to want to connect to every file share on the server (two others) and I have to press next each time to skip by each error message indicated incorrect password... I am sure this will be fixed since its still Beta. Looks very promising though.

digitalfx

macrumors 6502a
Jul 18, 2007
i have no issues connecting to my server w/o smb://
reconnect works great too

Saturnine

macrumors 65816
Oct 23, 2005
Manchester, UK
No connection issues here.

My Synology is aptly named 'nas' and it connected first time when entering 'nas' into the connection box, followed by the username and password. It shows the list of available volumes which I can browse normally.

There does appear to be a bug with long directory listings. For example, I have a folder which contains hundreds of subfolders. If I browse into there it thinks for a while and then shows 0 items. I'll wait and see if it's picked up in Beta 3. If not I'll file a bug report.

chrism_scotland

macrumors regular
Nov 11, 2018
No connection issues here.

My Synology is aptly named 'nas' and it connected first time when entering 'nas' into the connection box, followed by the username and password. It shows the list of available volumes which I can browse normally.

There does appear to be a bug with long directory listings. For example, I have a folder which contains hundreds of subfolders. If I browse into there it thinks for a while and then shows 0 items. I'll wait and see if it's picked up in Beta 3. If not I'll file a bug report.

I noticed the same bug with my Synology, only showed me 6 volumes when I have 9.

Peepo

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 18, 2009
In my case I get error if I connect as a user which does not have access to all the shares. If I connect as an admin or a user which has at least read access to all shares from the host then I get no error. People who say they have no issues are probably connecting to a home nas or something which is wide open.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.