SMB Shares in Snow leopard

Discussion in 'macOS' started by pmalbs, Sep 14, 2009.

1. pmalbs macrumors newbie

Hi All,

I am running Snow Leopard on a new Power Mac which is part of a windows network. On the Windows server, there are a couple of shares that I would like the mac to use.

I can manually connect to them and browse ok, but what I would really like to do is have them automatically load on startup and display on the desktop. I have tried connecting to the them and then dragging them into the login items, but on restart, they dont appear on the desktop.

I am a bit of a Mac newbie, so the chances are I'm doing something dumb! Any help will be appreciated.

TIA

2. phinsup macrumors 6502

phinsup

This appears to be some sort of bug, I have been having the exact same issue since the SL upgrade. They connected perfectly on reboot under leopard, not so under SL.

There seems to be a few bugs with the samba shares, I've got a topic going on the apple forums about it and you aren't alone.

3. jman240 macrumors 6502a

Apple Script FTW

Source http://forums.macosxhints.com/archive/index.php/t-16189.html

For automounting a smb share I use the following script:

Code:
    tell application "Finder"
    try
    mount volume "SMB://<WORKGROUP>;<USER>:<PWD>@<SERVER>/<SHARE>"
    on error
    display dialog "There was an error mounting the Volume." & return & return & ¬
    "The server may be unavailable at this time." & return & return & ¬
    "Please inform the Network Administrator if the problem continues." buttons {"Okay"} default button 1
    end try
    end tell
    I hope it helps. And of course, this goes into the StartupItems.