smc fan control equivalent (Bootcamp)

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Free Ale, Oct 10, 2012.

1. Free Ale macrumors member

Free Ale

hey guys,
    I'm on bootcamp and im running a game, and have a 32'' Sony bravia playing Netflix. my RMBP is getting a little warm and id like to have the fans revved up a bit as i have headphones on an it wont bother me.

Is there a SMC Fan Control equivalent for Windows 7?

thanks

2. w00t951 macrumors 68000

w00t951

I tried multiple solutions on my 15" MBP, but none of them really worked. I recommend you let Windows manage it - after all, it's not like you can make your fans turn any faster than their maximum, which is what Windows uses.

3. Newfiejudd macrumors regular

Utilize Lubbo's Fan control. Also search his forums on how to enable the corect temp censor to work correctly with the RMBP. I simply won't use windows without it.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/lubbofancontrol/

Search the Lubbo's forums on how to setup the proper CPU code for temp monitoring.

I hope this helps as well for you as it does for me. :)

4. hackerwayne macrumors 6502a

hackerwayne

You don't need a software to do that, if im not mistaken, in Windows the fan runs at 100% most of the time

5. Exana macrumors regular

Of course not.

6. hackerwayne macrumors 6502a

hackerwayne

Well then, the solution is.. Boot to Mac OS X, open SMCFanControl, set the fan to max RPM around 6000.. then restart back into Windows. Restart from Apple Menu, not shut down then start.

7. SchuettS macrumors 6502

Arent your fans already full throttle? What does this program actually do and how does it help?

Im curious because I play BF3 on windows and my fans are full throttle (or so it sounds) the entire time.