smc fan control equivalent (Bootcamp)

Free Ale

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 29, 2012
hey guys,
I'm on bootcamp and im running a game, and have a 32'' Sony bravia playing Netflix. my RMBP is getting a little warm and id like to have the fans revved up a bit as i have headphones on an it wont bother me.

Is there a SMC Fan Control equivalent for Windows 7?

thanks

w00t951

macrumors 68000
Jan 6, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
I tried multiple solutions on my 15" MBP, but none of them really worked. I recommend you let Windows manage it - after all, it's not like you can make your fans turn any faster than their maximum, which is what Windows uses.

Comment

Newfiejudd

macrumors regular
Jul 8, 2010
hey guys,
I'm on bootcamp and im running a game, and have a 32'' Sony bravia playing Netflix. my RMBP is getting a little warm and id like to have the fans revved up a bit as i have headphones on an it wont bother me.

thanks
Utilize Lubbo's Fan control. Also search his forums on how to enable the corect temp censor to work correctly with the RMBP. I simply won't use windows without it.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/lubbofancontrol/

Search the Lubbo's forums on how to setup the proper CPU code for temp monitoring.

I hope this helps as well for you as it does for me. :)

Comment

SchuettS

macrumors 6502
Dec 4, 2008
hey guys,

thanks
Arent your fans already full throttle? What does this program actually do and how does it help?

Im curious because I play BF3 on windows and my fans are full throttle (or so it sounds) the entire time.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.