Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mirari

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 6, 2011
Hey guys i just bought a macbook pro 13"(love it!!!!!) and i installed SMC fan control...the only problem with this app is that it isnt displaying the temperature of the cpu correctly...it stays at 32 degrees F and i know that is not correct. Any ideas?

Mal

macrumors 603
Jan 6, 2002
Orlando
Probably isn't updated for that model correctly. You'll have to give it some time for an update to be pushed out. That said, why do you need SMC Fan Control? It's not necessary for 99% of users. If your main interest is in seeing the temperatures (also not necessary, but I understand some people just enjoy seeing it), try iStat Pro or iStat Menus.

jW

Mirari

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 6, 2011
answer

i just like having control over my systems fan. Thanks for your input i will download istat.

AlexMagik

macrumors newbie
Feb 28, 2011
Probably isn't updated for that model correctly. You'll have to give it some time for an update to be pushed out. That said, why do you need SMC Fan Control? It's not necessary for 99% of users. If your main interest is in seeing the temperatures (also not necessary, but I understand some people just enjoy seeing it), try iStat Pro or iStat Menus.

jW

Also, why should pay when if only the temp is what looking for, smc just do it for free?
menumeter + smc does much better job (and for free) than istat

Macman45

macrumors G5
Jul 29, 2011
Somewhere Back In The Long Ago
I dislike apps that claim to control SMC activity...Just use Istat Pro which shows at a glance temps. fan speeds, Network bandwidth usage etc. The fans take care of themselves in my MBP and MBA.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.