SMC Firmware 1.4 in ML 10.8 ?

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by tbaer, Jun 15, 2012.

1. tbaer macrumors member

Just installed Mountain Lion DP4 and right after the first boot I was prompted with the App Store which proposes to install some updates of which one looks incorrect. It recommends SMC firmware 1.4 for OS X 10.8 but the MB Air Mid 2011 is already running SMC 1.74 which is higher than the proposed update.

Has anyone else who is testing ML seen this?
    Screenshot:http://i47.tinypic.com/344uuf5.png

2. chrfr macrumors 603

Confusingly, the update version and the firmware version have not been the same with other Macs. Given that this description specifically references 10.8, I'm sure it's a new update.

3. neilio macrumors newbie

I see it and installed it. Now my fans run constantly. Do you see the same?

4. LelandHendrix macrumors newbie

LelandHendrix

I am SOOOOO glad you posted this!

I was about to install this update, when on a whim I decided to google for more info. I luckily found this thread.

Can you please tell me more? Your fans still running full-speed constantly? Does this happen from power up until power down, or sleep?

Please share anything more you can...

5. mikeytrend macrumors member

Does everything seem to stay up to date when you close the lid and open it back up again?

I'm wondering if it pushed you the firmware update required for Power Nap.

EDIT: Also, very interesting and non-Apple like of them to own up to Flashback in a detailed software update description. Kudos to them for being more transparent!