Smelly Apple Store

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Poonz, Oct 28, 2012.

1. Poonz macrumors member

Poonz

I was looking in the search to see if this has been mentioned before (only checked the first search page).

I went to the Apple Store in Michigan yesterday, not sure if other stores are like this but, I couldn't believe how bad it smelled in there. I know there's a lot of people that go through there, and I know it can get hot. Still can't they spray some febreeze or something, I couldn't get that smell out my nose for at least an hour after I left the store. It was a bad mix of 100's of peoples BO.

Just curious if other stores are different or if I should just stay online in the future lol

2. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

I find Apple stores smell lovely, never visited an unpleasant one (except maybe the Arndale one before they expanded).
    CEX and GameStation on the other hand...

3. TexasChemE macrumors 6502a

TexasChemE

I refuse to go into any GameStop. I don't like the staff that works at the ones I go to, and yes, they all smell extremely strange.

4. pvmacguy macrumors 65816

pvmacguy

That's the smell of the environment loving non-deoderant wearing hipster employees. My apple store up the street smells exactly like what you described. :rolleyes:

5. tech4all macrumors 68040

tech4all

Nothing wrong with loving the environment...course wearing deordarant will unlikely harm the environment much.

6. SandboxGeneral Moderator

SandboxGeneral

Staff Member

Which store was it? I've been to the one in the Somerset Collection once and it was fine then. I usually go to the one at Partridge Creek and that one has always been good too.

7. DakotaGuy macrumors 68040

DakotaGuy

Well if the employees are hipster then they should clean up because the customers are mostly wealthy and sophisticated. :)

8. jf1450 macrumors regular

I figured Steve's biography would be required reading for an Apple forum. It might be company policy. :)

9. Poonz thread starter macrumors member

Poonz

It was definitely the one at sommerset collection and it was later in the day. I was there hopefully to see the new iMac and look at iphone cases. Stayed for 2 mins borrowed some free wifi and ran outta there couldn't take it anymore.

10. SandboxGeneral Moderator

SandboxGeneral

Staff Member

Next time you go by there, if the smell is still present, you could always ask the manager about it.

11. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Is it that it smells or that it doesn't smell like the dark dungeons of Hollister? :D

12. Poonz thread starter macrumors member

Poonz

You can smell Hollister from the escalator at sommerset. I wonder how much of their awful cologne they spray daily.

13. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

14. Lucky736 macrumors 6502a

Lucky736

Lol at this.

I was in Somerset not long ago. The store is definitely "warmer" than it used to be inside.

15. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

The one in Eaton Centre smells like someone hasnt showered for 5 days after rolling in ****. I refuse to go in there.

16. Queen of Spades macrumors 68030

Queen of Spades

My sisters outright refused to go into GameStop with me back in the day before I did most of my shopping online. I always tried to convince them they were being ridiculous, but in truth, that store always smelled like hot socks, corn chips, and body odor. Horrible.

17. TexasChemE macrumors 6502a

TexasChemE

The truth. Almost all of the stores i've been in smell disgusting.