Smilies

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by Shrink, Jul 14, 2011.

1. Shrink macrumors G3

Shrink

I'm really embarrassed to ask this question - but if I can't totally humiliate myself here, where can I totally humiliate myself. (Rhetorical question - not a request for suggestions)

How do I get a smilie into my text. When I click and drag, I get a little line of code. Will that line of code become a smilie when I click Reply and enter the post on the actual thread?

I didn't want to embarrass myself by having a line of code in my post, instead of the desired smilie. (So, instead, I'll embarrass myself by asking this dopey question.)

So, how do I get a smilie into my post?

2. simsaladimbamba

Just click the icons (not drag) on the right of the message text entry field:
    [​IMG]

;)
    :D
    :eek:
    :(
    :)
    :confused:
    :eek:
    :mad:
    :rolleyes:
    :cool:
    :p
    :apple:

If it looks like this after that, then you succeeded, as seen by the smilies above:
    [​IMG]

3. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Like this:
    ScreenCap 2.png

4. Jaffa Cake macrumors Core

Jaffa Cake

Position your cursor where you want the smiley to appear, and click on the smiley of your choice. It'll then be placed in your post.

5. eawmp1 macrumors 601

eawmp1

Just click the emoji you want. That code is converted to the emoji when you post. You can click the preview post button before posting to make sure. :D

6. DollFaceDork macrumors 6502

DollFaceDork

Yeah the little codes which appear once you pick a smilie turn into smileys once posted, if you're unsure just check it out in preview first.

7. Shrink thread starter macrumors G3

Shrink