smoothcam on dv start/stop part

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by arjen92, Sep 20, 2008.

1. arjen92 macrumors 65816

arjen92

Hey,

I imported some film as a long film (so not all different files but one big one). I then used "DV start/stop". So now I have the file "divided" (not really but it's being made in parts, but still as one file). I placed a part of the film that's between the markers in the timeline. Then I applied smoothcam on it. The part is only 5 seconds, normally smoothcam takes only 1 to 10 minutes for that, but now it takes 2 hours. I think that's because it will do the entire film/movie, instead of only the parts between the markers.

I don't have the time to do the entire film, and most parts don't need smoothcam. So how can I make sure it only does that part. Do I need to "bake" the file, or are there some settings that I can adjust. Or can I make independent clips from the film between the markers. Let me know, thank you in advance.

2. LethalWolfe macrumors G3

LethalWolfe

Yes, Smooth Cam looks at the entire file, not just what you have selected or cut into the timeline. Export the 5 seconds you want to use as a QT movie, bring it back into FCP and apply Smooth Cam to that smaller clip.

Lethal